Club Volleyball FAQs
WHEN ARE EVALUATIONS AND WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
14&UNDER … We will have two Try Us Out clinics for 14&Under at the Apex Event Center. These clinics are designed to give players the opportunity to try our club out by meeting some of our coaches and going through a typical practice before deciding if they would like to play for Next Level. Please note, our Try Us Out clinics will not give players an idea of what other players intend on playing with Next Level, as many of the ones that have already decided they are going to play for Next Level only attend the final evaluation.
Players wanting to play for Next Level this season must attend our Evaluation/Team Placement day (this includes players 8 years old to 14&Under) and must turn in their USAV membership card, Copy of their Birth Certificate, Evaluation Form, Commitment Letter (Junior Commitment Letter 10&under) and $200 Deposit (10&Under is $100) prior to being placed on one of our teams. Next Level uses this process to insure teams are created according to skill, since 14&Under has such a wide range of skill levels. At the conclusion of Team Placement, players will be notified of what team they have been placed on.
15&Up … We will have one Try Us Out date they can attend at the Apex Event Center. These clinics are designed to give players the opportunity to try our club out by meeting some of our coaches and going through a typical practice before deciding if they would like to play for Next Level. Please note, our Try Us Out clinics will not give players an idea of what other players intend on playing with Next Level, as many of the ones that have already decided they are going to play for Next Level only attend the final evaluation.
At 15&UP Evalutions/Team Placement players must turn in a copy of their USAV membership card, Medical Release and Evaluation Form. After players have completed Evaluations they will be notified as to what team they have been placed on for the upcoming season. At that time they have the opportunity to turn in their Commitment Letter, $200 Deposit and a copy of their Birth Certificate. If a player decides to play for Next Level but chooses not to turn in their paperwork at the end of Evaluations/Team Placement then they have until 8pm the following night to turn in their paperwork. If paperwork is not turned in by the appropriate time then players risk losing their spot on the team they were originally placed on. We highly recommend that only players serious about committing to Next Level attend the Evaluations/Team Placement.
Go to Sun Country Volleyball to get a SURVA/USAV membership.
|TRY US OUT DATES|
|Sunday, October 14th||Tuesday, October 16th||Thursday, October 25th|
|10&Under, 11s, 12s, 13s, & 14s
3:00 – 4:30 PM
|10&Under, 11s, 12s, 13s, & 14s
6:00 – 7:30 PM
|15s, 16, 17s, & 18s
7:00 – 8:30 PM
We will not have a General Meeting this season, however, we will have a table setup with coaches available to answer any questions at our TRY US OUT
|Sunday, October 21st||Sunday, October 28th|
|10&Under, 11s & 14s
2:00 – 4:00 PM
|15s & 18s
2:00 – 4:00 PM
|12s & 13s
|16s & 17s
4:30 – 6:30 PM
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TEAMS?
- Junior Teams, 10&Under only and they will attend five local tournaments (could include at least one or two in Amarillo).
- Regional Teams will attend local tournaments, as well as tournaments in Amarillo and/or Midland.
- Select Teams will attend local and regional tournaments, two Regional qualifiers and if teams would like they may attend the Regional Championships to compete for Regional Champions.
- Elite Teams will attend at least one or two National qualifiers, two or three Regional qualifiers and compete in the Regional Championship tournament for the chance to attend the National Championships. These teams will be age divisions 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18s.
- National Teams will attend at least two National qualifiers, three Regional qualifiers, one or two out of region 2-day tournaments and compete in the Regional Championships tournament in Albq. Plus, attend Nationals if the team earns a bid to the National tournament. These teams will be age divisions 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18s.
WHEN WILL WE FIND OUT OUR PRACTICE AND TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE?
Practice days and times, as well as the tournament schedule will be decided upon during each team’s parent meeting. Parent meetings will be held during November prior to Thanksgiving break.
WHEN DO TEAMS PRACTICE?
Once teams have been formed, each team will have the opportunity to pick their practice time and days during their team’s parent meeting in November. Practice times and days are also determined by court space availability.
WHEN ARE THE TOURNAMENTS?
Tournaments are generally on Saturdays. Two-day tournaments are on Saturday and Sunday. Some tournaments for Divisions 1,2 &3 are held on Sundays. During each team parent meeting we will choose the tournaments each team will attend.
WHAT IS THE APPROXIMATE COST?
- Junior teams – $425 per player; Only applies to 10 & under players and includes two 1 hour to 1.5 hour practices a week, 8 to 10-week season, five local tournament entry fees, limited uniform package, and coaches’ stipend. Plus, $30 USAV membership fee.
- Regional teams – $1500-$1700* per player; 12 to 16-week season and includes eight to ten tournament entry fees, uniform package, coaches’ stipend, court rental and administrative fees. Plus, $55 USAV membership fee.
- Select teams – $1800-$2000* per player; 12 to 16-week season and includes eight to ten tournament entry fee (which includes attending the Regional Championships in Albq, NM, uniform package, coaches stipend, court rental and administrative fees. Plus, $55 USAV membership fee.
- Elite teams – $2100-$2300* per player; includes 2-3 National qualifiers, 3 Regional qualifiers, Regional championship and 1-2 one-day tournaments in region, 1-2 two-day tournaments out of region, uniform package, coaches’ stipend, court rental and administrative fees. Plus, $55 USAV membership fee.
- National teams – $2500-$2700* per player; includes 2-3 National qualifiers, 3 Regional qualifiers, Regional-National championships and 2-3 one- or two-day tournaments out of region, 1-2 one-day tournaments in region, exclusive uniform package, coaches’ stipend, court rental and administrative fees. Plus, $55 USAV membership fee.
*Totals are only an approximate cost and based on previous years’ travel. Each player’s cost is based on the number of tournaments their team attends and the length of their season.
CAN I MAKE PAYMENTS?
Yes. All payment arrangements are drafted on whatever day of the month you choose from your bank account or credit card. Individuals have the option to set up two, three, four or five payments; 1st payment starts in December. Special payment arrangements can be made by speaking with the Club Director.
We also offer sponsorships. Players can ask businesses or individuals to sponsor their club season by purchasing advertising for $300. All of the profit goes directly to the players’ balance.
WHAT IS THE DEPOSIT AND COMMITMENT LETTER?
The deposit goes towards your child’s balance and secures their spot with Next Level as well as is their signed commitment to play with Next Level for the current club season. In the event your child decides not to play with NLVC the deposit is nonrefundable. By signing the commitment letter, you agree that your child is committed to NLVC during the current club season and you agree to pay your child’s balance whether your child finishes the season or not.